Thursday 17 September 2009

Planning to head back

Personal hygene seems to be forgotten when you travel . Sanghita and I saying good bye in the border of Guatemala and Belize, I am jumping on a boat
I keep thinking that I am already on my way back to the UK.
This year long trip is coming to an end.
There are still three months till I head back to Galicia to see my parents.
The other day my friend John asked me if I was going to be able to adapt to live back in the UK after all I had seen and done.
Well, my answer is yes. I am loving this trip, but, at the same time, I am desperate to go back to routine, to work, to a normal life.
I have enjoyed this year more that I have enjoyed any year recently, but I miss my friends, my house, my life. I have enjoyed the sights, the places I have visited, the challenges that have almost killed me. Most of all I have enjoyed the people I have met.
My memories are filled with people like Fabian in Tasmania, Ignasi and Consuelo in Nepal, Charles dealing with India and the Indians, Sanghita annoying me as me crossed Central America, seeing Roberto everywhere in South East Asia, yam, yam!!!
Now I am in Belize City, tomorrow off to San Pedro to see Remy

No comments:

Post a Comment