Monday 25 May 2009

Things that you miss

Proboscis Monkey

It's funny the things you miss when you're away.

I knew I would always miss my friends.

There is no doubt that I have been blessed with the best friends I could ever have. I got some friends that have never let me down, even if I have let them down.

Besides my friends I have missed things that have surprised me. I don't miss the odd luxury, the Molton Brown Shower Gel, the end of Battlestar Galactica, the endless list of needs and wants...

Of all the unexpected things I have missed cooking, so on my last day in Brunei I am cooking, I am cooking lunch and I am cooking dinner.


Lunch will be Jamie Oliver's Creamy butternut squash with spicy chicken and dinner will be Melanie's dish Chicken a la dijonese...

I miss my normal life, my old life, but I am glad that I am here

In the meantime these are the pics from our trip into the jungle where we were lucky to see the male proboscis monkey, a long nosed monkey that lives in Borneo.

My very last day in Borneo before I am heading back to the continent and to slumming it.






No comments:

Post a Comment