Wednesday 28 March 2012

Madrid Gets Ready to Strike

Sunset in Madrid
I am in Madrid at the moment, coinciding with the General Strike.
Until very recently the view, based in the results of the General election was that the country was ready to accept the austery measures and dismantling the welfare state.

I am not sure, based in the results in Andalusia and Asturias last weekend this really stands.

Tomorrow we will know what is the support, will the country show how displeased it is with the measures taken so far or will fear stop people from striking. Fear of losing your job in a country with 25% unemployment.



4 comments:

  1. Strike is bad. We should change our thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! yeah! lets bring back and peace. .just love love love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not going to say strike is bad, sometimes you do need to strike, otherwise we would probably still be in the days before social security

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally right. This post truly made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete