Tuesday 31 January 2012

A new life : Mothercare

Since returning back to the UK at the very beginning of 2010, life has been a bit of a roller coaster, with the dreaded threat of unemployment looming over me, the breaking of a leg, and almost falling in love, but not really getting there, and I don't like leaving things unfinished.
However, with its ups and down, life seems to, step by step, have straighten its path.
Although my leg still plays up, and there is no one to love, that sounds like a cheap song, I got a job, and the job brings with it one of the great perks, to travel.
I am now working for Mothercare, one of the most iconic British brands, and as part of the International division I do get to travel a fair bit.

Getting ready for the launch

However, could I really call travel seating on the 16th floor of a 4 star hotel in Santiago, over the main shopping Mall, Parque Arauco?


I guess I could be a travel snob and say that only when you are slamming it, and I have done plenty of that, when you really get to mix with the locals, you are traveling. However, I am getting to this see new places I have never been, to understand people, their dreams and aspirations. Sadly those remind me of the ones we had in Spain in years that now seem long gone, when we spent, spent and spent.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete