Monday 2 March 2009

And A Happiness That Money Can't Buy

People tell you that travelling through poor countries gives you a new outlook on life. It puts your own troubles and unhappiness in perspective and almost takes away your right to be unhappy.

I thoroughly disagree. Travelling through India and seeing Poverty, with a capital P, has furthered some of the questions I have about about my future, my career, as I witnessed a thirst for life that i have somehow lacked.

However, last night, while I was listening to "Falling Down" from the Twin Peaks soundtrack, the sun was setting behind the smog, blurring with the hills that surround Chang Mai, and I realized that it's true what they say, sometimes it's good to be down, you can't fall.

And I felt happy.

Just happy to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment